Thursday, September 1, 2022

Publication News Sep 2022

My flash fiction piece, 'Choose', came Third in the Fosseway Writers Competition 2022 (theme: Equinox). The judge's report said: 

'I was drawn into the sense of mysticism in this piece. The writer paints the backdrop to the story in vivid colour and there is a real tension at the heart of the story. The writing is woven with original choices (like “vice versa” used as a verb), and I was left with a powerful image that lingered for a long time in my mind.'


My story 'Basil' was nominated by the editor of Parakeet for the Best Of The Net competition.


 My story 'Pigs can't swim' has been accepted by Fairlight Books for inclusion on their website. It will appear on 15 September 2022.


My poems 'Dead Batteries' and 'Shy' have been accepted for the Bindweed Winter Anthology 2022.


My story 'Crimes and Misdeameanours' appeared in the summer edition of Makarelle.


So far, in 2022, I have had 14 poems accepted for publication or winning competitions and 9 stories accepted for publication (some of these being flash fiction). Dark Matter literary journal shortlisted my story 'Report on the Case of Edward Overdice' and, though it wasn't ultimately chosen, they said they thought it was 'publication-ready' and that I would get it published somewhere else eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment