Sunday, March 17, 2024

Art

 

Here are a few of my latest attempts at painting and drawing. The first is a sketch I did in an art class and then attempted to paint. The paper was too thin so it has ruched a little, and the painting needs further work, but you can see the stages here:


Sketch of jug, vase, platter [charcoal]

Sketch of jug, vase, platter [charcoal, watercolour, acrylics]

Sketch of jug, vase, platter [charcoal]
Sketch of jug, vase, platter [charcoal, acrylic]

Sketch of jug, vase, platter [trying out a different crop]

                                                        jug, vase, platter [nearly there but not quite]



After I have done some serious painting requiring a great deal of concentration, I often feel the need to do some much more free abstract paintings using up the remaining paint. Here are a couple of my recent attempts:



The House On The Hill [acrylics]




Flowers [acrylic]





2 comments:

  1. I totally empathise with you Lou re the bathroom project. We tend to do things ourselves too, but then it takes so long and years later we are still getting there. Well done for completing a project. Painting is coming along to. Great stuff and love the lovely poems. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting of the jug etc is really getting on my nerves - it looked better in its earlier iterations. I am very much experimenting with it, but the paper is too thin so it's ruching up. The flower painting is awful, but the house on the hill, though also rubbish, has something vaguely compelling about it. I might have finished gloss painting woodwork in bathroom by next month's Mid-Month Musings! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete