Thursday, April 25, 2024

Art Exhibition

 MESSING ABOUT WITH PAINTS


In an attempt to get back to my painting, I had a go at doing some quick paintings in watercolour in my sketch book just to try to get back into the 'zone'. I also recently bought some acrylic paint pens which were less than half price on Amazon. 

The paintings I produced weren't great, but here are a selection. Let me know what you think.








I quite like this one, though the top two circles makes me think of a bikini top, and once you've seen it, you can't unsee it...



Below are three pictures of a spider-plant in my living room, The first is painted in water-colour then has had water sprayed on it, which in retrospect was a mistake. The second has black ink and more paint on it, and the third has even more of those things. I think the pictures do improve with each iteration, though I'm not claiming any of them are any good.





Below are some 'doodles' I did with my new acrylic pens:

1.

2.
 
3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.



Which do you like best?

And finally some quick doodles with watercolour paints:



3 comments:

  1. Like these Lou. Yes the spider plant third version is my fav too. Like the one with woman with flowing dress too, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one P likes best too - the woman with swirly frock. I think that some of them are quite nice but they got worse as I went on, not better. I think my art is becoming increasingly rubbish. It's very depressing. After that lot I did a couple more which were even worse. I'm think I'm through with acrylic paint pens now!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you have to get worse to get better Lou. May be worth giving it another go after a break. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete