Saturday, May 25, 2024

Mini-mid-month Musings: Misplacing my marbles.

Further evidence that, as I get older, my natural propensity for stupidity increases;

a) I am cooking a 'Moroccan feast' for visitors over the weekend, and so far I have made a cauliflower soup that was hideous [I assume I did something wrong], forgotten to put the tomatoes in the tagine, and lost the cumin and had a rant about it before I found it on the kitchen work surface where I'd put it so I wouldn't lose it.

b) I bought a sketchbook with the wrong weight paper, some harissa paste with lemon when I needed plain harissa paste, the wrong size bra.

c) I printed off the lyrics to the wrong song for my Rock Choir session this afternoon.

d) Last week, I went to a tea room with my husband and realised when I got home that I had my trousers on inside out. They don't have a zip, but the seams and hems were on the outside so it must have been obvious to everyone who saw me [except for my husband and myself].

The only reason I don't seriously worry that I have dementia is that I've always been like this - but it is definitely getting worse. Give me five more years and I'll be leaving the house wearing my pyjamas, losing my car and forgetting where I live...



3 comments:

  1. Oh Lou. I''m getting forgetful too. Bought a load of food for our hol and forgot to any of it, including cumin!!!! The upside is that it made for nice dinner when we got back as it was all still in date. I'm sure you'll all enjoy your feast. Have a good one and welcome to the club. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good 'Moroccan feast' - food was great, company was great. Unfortunately I got a tummy upset during the night and was ill for twenty-four hours, though no one else was affected so it wasn;t the food. Probably my just eating too much of it! Thanks for your supportive words - though I bet you've never left the house with your trousers on inside out!

      Delete
  2. Never with trousers inside out, but with a shirt. Didn't notice as these days they have buttons for left handed as well as right handed people...šŸ„“xxxxx

    ReplyDelete